Friday, November 16, 2007

Fri 16th Nov - local markets Bukittinggi

It was a bit rainy today so I had a nice lazy day. Burned a couple of mp3 CDs for Jeffrey, he’s into blues music. Visited the local markets with him, purely as a friend i.e. no charge. You can buy just about everything there. I got a few batteries a set of sunglasses (15,000 rupea 0.75 pounds) and a nice short sleeved shirt (30,000 rupea 1.5 pounds). It definitely helped that Jeffery was there to handle any bargaining. He said that the shirt would probably have cost me around 50,000 which I believe. We then went and had some Sate to eat, very nice.

I’m looking forward to the Scotland Italy football game tomorrow. It doesn’t start until midnight here but the guys in the Bedual café have said I can use there internet machine all night if I want. You never know I may see some of it on the TV. The England Australia game is on TV tonight so there may be a chance.

I think I’ll probably stay here a few more days before heading for Painan. After that maybe Harau Valley.

No comments: