Friday, November 9, 2007

Friday 9th Nov Day 3 - Massage etc

Friday 9th Nov Day 3
Shared dorm with a Malaysian guy called Nasir who works in the government in a town close by. He says he comes to KL for the weekend to go to Night Clubs etc.

Waking around the tourist areas you are often asked if you would like a massage by touts. The main type offered appears to be reflexology. Although there is a range of others available, including special I’m sure. I decided that a bit of a back massage might be a good idea after the long flight. While walking through a rather grubby little shopping mall I spotted a little massage place which looked professional and the masseur was a man so decided to give it a try. Back head and shoulders message for 30 mins 28RM (4 pounds). The method he used was a little different to yours but there were lots of similarities. First of all the bed is wider and lower allowing him to sit astride the client, which must make it easier to apply pressure. He started off with no oils and applied pressure with the thumbs to various points on the back for the first 15min. He then applied some oil and used some of the techniques you use, effleurage I believe one of them is called. He then finished off with 5mins of head massage applying pressure to particular points. All in all it was a very good massage, I think, I certainly felt that every muscle in my back had been worked and my back pain seemed to have disappeared. Almost as good as the Sally massage.

No comments: