Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sun, November 25th Earthquake

Sun, November 25th Earthquake

At about 10am this morning I was in my hotel room having a brief rest after breakfast, that’s the life. The room started to shake a little and I could clearly see the curtains move. It lasted little more than 5 seconds but was like nothing I have ever felt before. A little like a large lorry or train passing the house you are in, but not quite. I was fairly sure it was an earth tremor. Later in the day I checked the internet and sure enough there had been a pretty large earthquake just off the coast of North Sumatra. 6.4 on the Richter scale I believe. I wasn’t frightened at the time and feel fairly secure up here in the mountains of Bukittinggi, a long way from the centre of the quake. Still I’m a little concerned.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7112471.stm

Generally had an easy day today wondering around the markets and reading.

No comments: