Saturday, December 8, 2007

Saturday, 8th December - KL to Penang

Went to Puderaya bus station at 8am only to find out all the busses were full. It's a Saturday and a school holiday so everyone must be heading to Penang. I decided to try and get there any way. First I got a bus to Ipo which is about half way and from Ipo I took a bus to Butterworth which is the town on the mainland next to the island of Penang. I met a Malaysian guy on the bus who spoke good English, he's a tour guide. He helped me find the ferry to George town and the Hostel I wanted to stay at, 75 Travelers Lodge.

I'm staying in the dorm in the hostel at the moment, 8RM. Rooms are also cheep so I may change if I decide to stay any longer than a day. At first glance Georgetown looks interesting. Lots of two story colonial buildings. Georgetown is in fact the Chinatown of Penang and it also has its own little India. The food is supposed to be excellent so I'm heading out to sample that now.

No comments: